Sunday, May 01, 2005

New Search - III (concluded)

I was done with my meal and was going through the pages of one the books my friend presented. The contents discussed about the thing, which was of little interest to me. It was about mind power. Not that I do not believe in mind power. I am averse to someone lecturing and directing me to do this and that to improve myself. For I never thought that someone’s lecture will make me realize myself.

But this book made me to think. Instead of knowing it from someone, won’t I be getting first hand information, if I consult with my own conscience? Looked at Anamica interestingly now. She was ready with high spirits to discuss the topic with me. “So, want to discuss about this topic now?”. I was surprised that she read my mind, but she is my mind. I should not have been surprised.

“Yes. Anamica. Life has thaught me that a little change in my attitude can make me feel better. But never understood my control over my own self. That always remained a difficult task. “

“Let me continue, from where I left earlier, because, I want you to listen what I thought will help you” said Anamica. She was going to start from “What you sow, so you reap”. “I found yourself so happy, in the morning, ready to go around the city with your friend. My intrusion irritated you. When u lost all your glee after a call from your friend, you wanted someone by your side to amuse you. And when the topic turned against you, you found it easier to slip and relax. Don’t you think you are self-centric? I don’t say that it is a peculiar character to you alone. “

She had a point. I take people who are close to me for granted. Once decided, I find it difficult to reconsider. My stubbornness irritates my friends and parents. Invariably, I am dependent on them psychologically. I cannot detach myself since I derive my happiness also from them. Even if something is of no interest to me, I can force myself to make them happy.

Now that the point reached me correctly, she decided to move on to next one. “When you extensively use your logic, it will drive you to a single solution. You explore your mind power, when you know how to use your logical skills.”

I said, “So you say logic is the base for my internal quest. But I encounter a problem here. When I rely too much on logic, I become overconfident. Like a matured adult, I take full control of my life, disbelieving in divine interruptions. Am I right in relying fully on my mind power, ignoring the God power?”

“Do not always seek an answer”, she replied. “God and mind power are two pillars which support you. When you are over confident, mind power will do. But remember, not always you had high spirits. There were days, when you felt extremely down and expected someone to soothe you. I know you believed in God power on those days. Belief is the basic thing, which keeps our life running. When it comes to belief, logic has no role to play. God and mind power are two mutually exclusive concepts, and it is up to us, to choose the one which suits our purpose, according to the need of the hour.”

I felt relieved. Not that I understood her completely. But thought that discussion would be an eye opener. With this, she said good-bye to me. I interrupted and said, “You told me that you would make me mature. Do you think this would suffice?”

She turned back and said, "As I said, spoon-feeding will be of no use. You hate a book because someone instructs you. In the same way, you will hate me if I instruct and direct you constantly. I have kindled something in you. It is upto you to develop it. Do call me when you need my help. For I am there to guide you.”

She left where she had been, bidding me farewell. But now I am left confused with what had happened to me. Please help if someone could.

11 Comments:

Blogger Krish said...

This thread was nice, but I am still trying to get the whole hang of it in the sense of how you were leading from Part I to Part III. Maybe it was all designed to vent more than to ask opinion, right?

Sunday, May 08, 2005 6:11:00 PM  
Blogger fieryblaster said...

ya, it was disconnected. I realised. It was just a try how I will be able to manage that imaginary Anamica. Thanks for dropping in.

Sunday, May 08, 2005 9:32:00 PM  
Blogger Krish said...

Sure. Anyway, thanks for your comments too at ChennaiCentral. Now you have one more reason to comment (my latest post over there) :-)

Saturday, May 14, 2005 3:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mind power!=Power of logic/analysis
Mind transcends reason and logic. Mind is undefined.

1. "Anamica said: God and MindPower are mutually exclusive" - Are they? Think again. (Even if you confuse Mind with Logic, the above statement is not true. Mind can understand logic; logic can not unravel the mind). When you mind your mind you can find God.

Thatvamasi.
Aham Brahmasmi.
Om Shanthi.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger fieryblaster said...

Anonymous: What I was trying to say was, When we find a logical answer for everything, many a times, I have questioned myself abt the presence of God. This is just a reason which I thought would convice myself. I lack thorough knowledge in that subject. Thanks for dropping in.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 10:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"When we find a logical answer for everything..."- The problem starts here in this statement. Logic is one way to approach and understand the reality- it is NOT the only way. Logic attempts to answer the How's of life (but fails even in that many a time: e.g. how dreams are formed) but not the why's. Logic often sidesteps or fuzzy-paints the "why" question using statistics, probablity, chaos theory, hypothesis or empiricism. Science can explain "how" your cousin brother died- not "why". Logic can explain how you got your Job but not why. I know a woman who died recently in an accident 3-4 days before she was about to give birth to her first kid. All others survived this very bad accident including her very aged parents- She died, with her unborn baby. Why?

Have you read Shantanu's story? He only saw his babies being killed one by one by their own mother- a logic-defying action. We are all like Shantanu.

That said, questioning, reading/discussing and understanding are better than unquestioned acceptance- even though both may lead to the same destination, a questioner will also be able to guide others because (s)he had crossed the questioning path.

AsatOma Sadh gamaya
TamasOma Jyothirgamaya
MrtyOrma Amrthamgamaya
Om Shanthi Shanthi Shanthihe
- Brhadaranyaka Upanishad

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 1:07:00 PM  
Blogger fieryblaster said...

The argument sounds interesting. Yes, I cannot come out with an answer for why my cousin brother died. But u see not everyone's cousin brother meets the same fate. Even if 100 exceptions are quoted, I can quote that my life and my near and dears life are unaffected by those exceptions and goes on by a clear cause and effect relationship. Probably I may equally feel that u r right, after few years. If I unquestionably believe as u said, I should believe that my fate is determined, that demotivates me greatly. I believe that I write my destiny. I also believe that God gives me the mental strength. I see Him as a motivator, rather than a problem solver.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 11:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If all cousins meet with the same fate (?!!!) then one would not worry, right? The selectiveness/randomness of such events is what makes one wonder about Gods and such things.

One thing is clear:

When we lose control over the things that affect our lives and our near and dear (e.g. Tsunami), we start thinking about the "supernatural" seriously. Till then it is just ritualistic. This is especially true at our unmarried young age when there is no one dependent on us and we are dependent (emotionally or financially) on others. When we beget offsprings and they cling on to us, and when we realise how little by way of real control we have over their lives, we start to look for other "illogical" explanations. Till then logic was enough to explain our reality.

HE is the motivator as well as the problem solver.

You will know this is true
when you realise He is nothing but You.

That's why I quoted "TatVam asi" and "Aham Brahmasmi".

Friday, May 20, 2005 5:49:00 AM  
Blogger fieryblaster said...

As u rightly pointed out, miracles happen randomly, and the chances of that happening to us is very low. That gives us every reason to bother very less about them, and take full control of our life. Having abundant faith in one's one capacities, and living for the present are the two major base for successful life. Humans are gifted with abundant talents and potential, only to face the challenge which the life throws to them everyday. I become sucessful or defeated person, based on how I tackle the challenge. The challenge comes in different form to different people. When we are young and single, we are emotionally or financially dependent. Our challenge lies how we face it. When we are married, as you pointed out, offsprings may create trouble. Thus, at any point, the source varies, giving a variety, but the trouble persists. Believing in our own self and taking full responsibility alone can give us solace.

Sunday, May 22, 2005 6:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you and I may be talking the same thing. I agree that we are fully responsible for our actions. We do not always control the results though. In other words you have a choice in selecting a particular course of action from many available; you do not have a choice over the outcome though. You can take full responsibility for your actions but you are not the autority to decide the outcome. You are in a war; it is your responsibility to fight; you have full control over what you aim at, how you aim and what weapon you use. Do it right. You do not have any control over who will win the dual, the battle or the war. Accept the outcome with aplomb. This is true for Jananam through Maranam. Have you heard of the Serenity prayer?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

the courage to change the things I can,

and the wisdom to know the difference.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 3:22:00 AM  
Blogger fieryblaster said...

Great Anonymous. I agreee completely with u. The last three lines were wonderful.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 7:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home