Monday, April 11, 2005

Thrilling Threes

Three things play important role in my life. Coffee, Rasam and Music. Even a slight change in quality of any of these will displease my taste and ear buds equally, and I will ultimately conclude that they are worth to fill the dustbin.

Imagine drinking badly prepared coffee allied with chicory at the very start of the day! Oh, that is enough to destroy my day. Coffee is at its best, when it comes right to your bed, piping hot, and most importantly, served by someone who doesn’t mind you drinking it with foul mouth. Another occasion which demands coffee is immediately after taking any tiffen. Even a small gap passes like a yugam and the phase ends happily only when hot coffee is served.

Rasam, what can I say about it? The most divine food mankind has ever invented. So soothing and interesting that it brings an unexplainable harmony in your stomach. Hay, stop! Don’t conclude that all rasams bring harmony. The one which is non spicy, which has lot of tomato and which is hot, accompanied by brinjal kari and ulundu appalam only qualify for that.

And lastly music. Lot more to write about this. Nothing irritates me than a bad music. While a bad coffee or rasam spoils your mouth, a bad music spoils your mood. Music is loved for its quality. I strongly believe that it is not made to make you dance, but made to make you feel.

Want to feel energetic at the start of the day? I will suggest roaring Nithyashree’s cassettes as a good starter. Melody lovers can choose Unni Krishnan if at all they have the patience to bear with his occasional sticky and slow moving songs fit to be played on a national mourning day. But Vijay Siva is unparalleled, undissappointing singer gifted with majestic voice that his song would pep up even the most unlively guy on the earth. But I know very little about the old generation singers though.

And about the pollution in music, yes it is polluted when it comes out from a very bad throat or from someone who least bothers about music. For that reason, I hate playing Antakshari. Though the players have different motive than singing a good song, that never enthused me to do a chorus. Antakshari is like drinking coffee mixed with rasam while hearing Unni’s above-mentioned mourning songs. But views differ and I am sure that many of my friends will discard this straight away considering it as a statement by a clueless blabberer. Don’t be surprised if any one of them writes a lengthy blog to counter this.

Hay you, where r u running? Going to get some cds of Vijay siva? Don’t take my words for granted. This place is to pour my views. I don’t expect my mailbox to be full with complaints, for I issue no guarantee.

4 Comments:

Blogger Thayirsaadham said...

Hey - you just took me thru a tour of what exactly what i want to do in my life!!! Amazing....I went alomost close to experiencing all of them...Great!

Monday, April 11, 2005 4:58:00 PM  
Blogger fieryblaster said...

Hi Ganesh, actually ur first blog gave me a good subject to write on. Thanks for it.

Monday, April 11, 2005 7:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

of your blogs i liked god i am blessed and the coorg experiences. these had excellent flow. i expected more of this blog, since these three are also my favourites.
it should have been lenghtier and proly cld have continued in three blogs.

Monday, April 11, 2005 9:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great!!!Your analysis of food and a great way to relax is amazing

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 1:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home